Web & Media
- Digital Humanities Project: “Varieties of Buddhist Healing in Multiethnic Philadelphia.” This project in progress is an ethnographic study of Buddhist healing and healers in the Greater Philadelphia area, using undergraduate research assistants to conduct questionnaires, interviews, and audio-visual recordings. See the project website.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: “Buddhism: Medicine.” DOI: 10.1093/obo/9780195393521-0140 [paywall link]
- Facebook: I have founded two Facebook groups exclusively for scholars of Buddhism and of Asian Medicine, with collectively about 1200 members. (These are private groups, so to join please send me a private message or email to join.)
- Digital Dictionary of Buddhism: A list of my entries related to Chinese Buddhist medicine in the DDB. (Use “guest/guest” to log in.)
- Bibliography of Buddhism & Medicine: I am a contributor to the H-Buddhism Bibliography Project on Zotero. You can see all entries under the “medicine” tag without being a member, and can also subscribe via RSS to receive updates when more is added.
- Other links: my Academia.edu profile, my faculty webpage at Abington College, my Twitter feed.
- 2018, “Curing Illness with Meditation in Sixth Century China” (BuddhistDoor)
- 2017, “A Roundup of Critical Perspectives on Meditation” (Patheos.com)
- 2016, “Buddhist Medicine” (Penn Museum Blog or Penn Press Blog)
- 2016, “Buddhism and Health” (Patheos.com)
- 2016, “What is Buddhist Medicine?” (Patheos.com)
- 2015, “Is Yoga Cultural Appropriation?” (Patheos.com)
- 2014, “Translating Meditation in Popular American Media” (Patheos.com)
- 2014, “Dynasties & Dragons: A Role-Playing Game for Developing Term Papers” (Medium.com)
- 2013, A Beginner’s Guide to the Academic Study of History of Chinese Medicine” (AsianMedicineZone.com)
- 2013, “A Beginner’s Guide to the Academic Study of Chinese Buddhist Texts” (Medium.com)
- 2013, “Abstracts of Buddhist Medical Sources in Pāli” (AsianMedicineZone.com)
- My other blogs on AsianMedicineZone.com
- My blogs about teaching and other matters on Medium.com
Teaching and Campus Service