Web & Media
- Digital Humanities Project: “Beyond Mindfulness: Varieties of Buddhist Healing in Multiethnic Philadelphia.” This project in progress is an ethnographic study of Buddhist healing and healers in the Greater Philadelphia area, using undergraduate research assistants to conduct questionnaires, interviews, and audio-visual recordings. See the project website.
- Blogging: I regularly blog about my scholarship, teaching, and other issues for medium.com, patheos.com, asianmedicinezone.com, and other websites.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: “Buddhism: Medicine.” DOI: 10.1093/obo/9780195393521-0140 [paywall link]
- Facebook: I have founded two Facebook groups exclusively for scholars of Buddhism and of Asian Medicine, with collectively about 1200 members. (These are private groups, so to join please send me a private message.)
- Digital Dictionary of Buddhism: A list of my entries related to Chinese Buddhist medicine in the DDB. (Use “guest/guest” to log in.)
- Bibliography of Buddhism & Medicine: I am a contributor to the H-Buddhism Bibliography Project on Zotero. You can see all entries under the “medicine” tag without being a member, and can also subscribe via RSS to receive updates when more is added.
- May, 2015, Toward A Global History of Buddhism & Medicine (Keynote given at UBC conference “Buddhism & Wellbeing”)
- Dec. 2014, Buddhist medicine in China (short lecture given at Duke University)
- Aug. 2014, Reflections on Buddhism, Thai culture, and Thai massage on WRNP 1320 AM Radio, Providence RI
- May 2013, Appearance on “Talking History,” radio broadcast on NewsTalk 106, Ireland (between 19:00-26:00)
Teaching and Campus Service